The NSA listed, PDS-100 Crusher exudes versatility and simplicity in one powerful machine. Simply insert the hard drive and sensors will automatically start the 10 second destruction cycle. A unique feature of the PDS-100 is its ability to operate manually if power is ever interrupted or unavailable. Simply grab the crank handle to continue securely destroying hard drives. With additional options available, it can be customized to any location and application. Using a degausser is the best way to ensure all data on hard drives and storage tapes is completely unrecoverable. The PDS-100 is a great accompaniment to a Proton degausser!
This product is NSA/CSS Evaluated and Listed for destruction of 1″, .65″ , 1.65″ & Laptop Hard Drives.
The PDS-100 takes physical hard drive destruction one step further than the PDS-75 by providing an automatic, motor driven operation. Simply insert the hard drive and sensors will automatically start an eight (8) second cycle. A unique feature of the PDS-100 is its ability to operate manually if power is ever interrupted or unavailable. Simply grab the crank handle to continue securely destroying hard drives. No stoppage or setup necessary.
NOTE: To comply with recognized standards, including NSA/DoD regulations, a degausser must be used prior to destroying hard drives. In a typical national security operation, a destroyer is used in conjunction with a NSA approved degausser. Using a degausser is the only way to guarantee all data on hard drives and other magnetic media is completely unrecoverable. This is because it is possible to recover data from a mere piece of a hard drive that has not been degaussed. See Proton’s full line of degaussers to save on a degausser and destroyer bundle.
- Compact and rugged design is portable and easily deployable
- Automatic cycle provides fast, safe and reliable hard drive destruction in 10 seconds or less
- Can operate with or without power (manually for emergency situations)
- Hard drives are bent approximately 90 degrees, which bends/breaks the platters and damges the heads, motor and circuit board.
- Maintenance free and completely self-contained. No messy fuilds or external components to deal with and no adjustments or calibration necessary
- Tested and used by NSA and DoD for destroying hard drives.
- Customization is easy with additional options.
- Laptop: Allows the destroyer to process 2.5″ Form Factor Laptop Drives. Swapping supports takes approximately 10 seconds. Comes with a holder that allows the operator to stow the supports when not in use. The magnetic mounting enables mounting on the back, side, or front of the destroyer, whichever suites the operator.
- Rear Output Slide: Hard drives are typically removed from the front of the unit, but this option allows for the ejection of the hard drives out the back of the unit. This enables hard drives to be discharged into a disposal bin or container and requires less operator handling.
- Rackmountable Slide-out Shelf: For mounting in standard 19″ EIA racks. This option allows the user to conveniently stow the destroyer when not in use and pull it out when needed, saving all too valuable table-top space. This option includes the Mount Kit.
- Mount Kit: This option allows the user to mount the crusher to various surfaces, including carts, truck floors, racks, etc.
- Deployment Case: A heavy duty Pelican® Case with wheels with custom insert made specifically for the destroyer.
|Weight||60 lbs (27.2 kg)|
|Dimensions||11.625″ (29.5 cm) D x 7.25″ (18.4 cm) W x 21″ (53.3 cm) H (11″ or 28 cm wide with handle)|
|Media Destroyed||Handles all 3.5-inch Form Factor Drives including .65-inch, 1-inch and 1.65-inch high drives.
Handles 2.5-inch Laptop hard drives with Laptop Holder option.
Handles SSD (Not NSA evaluated for SSD) drives in 3.5 Form Factor and 2.5 Form Factor with the Laptop Holder option
|Power Supply||115 VAC, 60 Hz; 220 VAC, 60 Hz, 230 VAC, 50 Hz (specify voltage and frequency when ordering)|
|Destruction Method||Bends/ breaks platters, damages heads, motor and circuit board|
|Cycle Time||60 HZ units: 10 seconds or less
50 HZ units: 12 seconds or less (dependent on operator)
Hand Crank: 8 seconds or less (dependent on operator)
|Maintenance||Occasional vacuuming of debris drawer and internal housing|
|Options||Laptop; Rear Output Option; Rackmountable Slide-out Shelf Option (for 19” EIA racks, 19” to 28” deep)(Includes Slides); Remote Control Communication; Universal Screw Down Mounting Kit; Deployment Case with wheels|
|Manual Operator Exertion||Typical Commercial Drives (3.5”) – Typ. 4 lbs. exertion
Hardened (Heavy Shielded) (3.5”) – Typ. 12 lbs. exertion