End of data life in Hdd
What can happens if your retired data won’t be terminated safely? Public exposure of confidential data has become a common occurrence. The media has exploded with stories of high profile cases concerning the loss of sensitive data, strongly emphasizing the need to properly destroy data.
Information assets pose a significant risk due to the large volumes of confidential information that is stored on them. Data must be completely destroyed before IT assets are disposed of, recycled, reused or donated. Corporations are obliged by law to ensure the safe disposal of sensitive information or face the penalties of non-compliance.
End of data life in Hdd involves termination of all electric data stored in HDD or other storage media, there are many methods to carry out the task:
- Erase or low-level format the HDD, tape or other storage media / devices. Deleting/formatting data is an extremely ineffective method of data destruction and should be avoided.
- Degauss the HDDs to remove magnetically recorded data
- Physically destroy the storage media (Physical destruction can be accomplished using a variety of methods including disintegration, incineration, pulverization, shredding, melting, sanding, and chemical treatment)
Choosing a right method to end of data life can be a serious task to be considered, please ask our staffs to help you. DT Asia’s comprehensive range of secure data destruction equipment and services are in compliance to US Department of Defense (DoD) and National Security Agency (NSA) standards. Its processes are ISO 9001:2008 certified, giving customers the assurance that their data assets are properly sanitized and disposed of. Our Services are
- Certified Secure Electronic Data Destruction Equipments
- Endpoint Leakage Protection Solutions
- ISO Certified Hard Disk and Magnetic Tape Erasure/Degaussing Services
- CD/DVD, Thumb-Drive, SD/Memory Card Destruction Services
- Certified IT Asset Disposal Services
- Smart phone, USB, old laptops, computer, server array total data wipe and physical destruction services.